Phew! Party time is over for another year and we are all worn out! We did however get to try a couple of yummy new recipes and here is the first instalment...
5 cups puffed rice cereal
1 cup crushed chocolate covered honeycomb
300g milk chocolate
1/2 cup cream
1. Line a slice tray with baking paper, allowing overhang on two sides of about 2cm.
2. Mix puffed rice and crushed honeycomb together in a large bowl.
3. Combine chocolate and cream in a small jug and and put in the microwave for 1 minute then stir until melted and combined.
4. Pour chocolate into puffed rice mixture and mix quickly to combine then spoon into prepared tray and flatten with a spoon.
5. Decorate with sprinkles then set in the fridge for 2 - 3 hours.
6. To serve, lift the slice out of the tray by holding the overhanging ends of baking paper and slice.
* The first time I made this slice, I didn't use enough chocolate so the slice didn't set fully so instead of getting nice 'slices' I got big chunks (but fortunately it was a dinosaur themed party so the chunks kinda worked :))