It's nearly the end of the month so before I move onto a new 'ingredient of the month', here's one last coconut cream recipe and it is my favourtie way to end a winter meal...
Keeps 2 days covered in fridge
80g butter, melted
1 cup coconut cream
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup dessicated coconut
170g tinned passionfruit
3/4 cup caster sugarm extra
1 cup boiling water
1. Mix butter, cocontu cream and egg in a small just until combined.
2. Combine flour, sugar and coconut in a medium bowl then add wet mixture and stir gently until combined.
3. Pour passionfruit into teh bottom of a four litre casserole dish then gently dollop pudding mixture over the top and smooth.
4. Sprinkle pudding with extra caster sugar then gently pour over boiling water.
5. Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 35 -45 minutes or until a skewer inserted halfway into the pudding comes out clean.
6. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.
*The reason for pouring the passionfruit into the bottom of teh casserole dish is so that the seeds are in teh sauce rather than the liquid seeping through and the black seeds ramining on teh top of the pudding.
*Remainin gpudding can be heated in teh microwave before serving.