This is a simple pudding that goes beautifully with ice cream, cream or iced cream (funny about that!).
800g tinned peaches
60g butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
1tsp vanilla essence
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup golden caster sugar
2tbs golden caster sugar, extra
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Drain peaches, reserving juice, and layer in the bottom of a medium casserole dish (about 20cm x 20cm).
3. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
4. Whisk butter, milk, egg and vanilla until combined and fold into flour mixture.
5. Dollop pudding batter over peaches and sprinkle with extra sugar then drizzle over a couple of tablespoons of reserved juice.
6. Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until pudding is firm and golden.
7. Serve immediately.
*We used peaches in mango juice but any tinned stone fruit or apples would work.
*Kids love the leftover juice! You can dilute it with some water if it's too thick or freeze it in ice cube trays for use in later recipes.