Monday, September 27, 2010

coconut and lemon iced cream

Hello all! I hope all Victorian families are enjoying the second week of their school holidays. The weather looks set to turn today so it's an ideal time to get those little chefs cooking - or 'freezing' as this recipe calls for :)
This was my first real attempt at creating an ice cream from scratch and as I have a serious problem with sticking to a recipe - I call it my creative license:)- this one came about by going with the flow. After many additions of curd and icing sugar (and all the tastings in between), it turned out to be more cream than ice cream yet more ice cream than cream - hence, iced cream. Because of this I decided to make a peach pudding as well and serve the iced cream an an accompaniment rather than serving it on its own.

you'll need

an ice cream maker

400ml coconut cream
300ml thickened cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup lemon curd
1/2 tsp coconut essence
1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)

1. Combine all ingredients except for the shredded coconut in a large bowl then pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
2. Churn until iced cream is the desired consistency - I prefer somewhere between soft serve and fully frozen.
3. Serve alongside your favourite pudding, cake or pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment